Right Of The Star

Friday, August 05, 2005

Gone but not out - Yet!

Wow, what a very bad couple of months! (More on that in later posts)

For those who don't know I am disabled with a chronic illness similar to Lupus and MS.

One of the worst parts is seeing my mental capabilities slip a bit each day. Simple spelling abilities vanish along with the ability to remember words and definitions. The last two months I worked (Spring/Summer 2002) I was often unable to finish sentences, thoughts, and concepts when I was meeting with clients.

Each day over the past two months I attempted to restart writing but each day, just like today, I was either too exhausted or it was too difficult to form a coherent thought. (For example, how many ways can you spell "hoping" - and have none of them look correct?)

I haven't even been able to comment on other blog's posts.

This simple post has taken me 46 minutes to type so far - that is about 20 seconds per word!

During this time I kept updated by reading the blogs in my blogroll and I wanted to thank them for being there and helping news junkies like me get through some very hard times, though most of them will never know it they were there when I needed them!

I also wanted to compliment the new Tucker Carlson show on MSNBC - I am really shocked that show hasn't been noticed by more bloggers because it is set up like my favorite blogs! It covers many subjects in brief but thorough reporting and gives opinion - the only improvement would be if there were some way for comments to be included.

Over the next few days I hope to be able to put together some thoughts on events that happened during my missing months - including here in my life and thoughts on one year of blogging.

Oh, and I know it's a little late, but I too am switching this from a blog to an online magazine.

Until then thank you to the blogs, Fox News, Tucker Carlson's Situation, and especially to all who stopped in and asked about me!
DKK

No comments: