Right Of The Star

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Quick Thoughts From An Ill Mind - Too Much to Hope For, or Not

During my recent relapse I had many quick thoughts - some I was actually able to save as drafts in the Blogger system - I will post some of these over the next few days - but most were lost as my mind fluttered.

The two that I kept alive with handwritten notes and daily repetition must have been what I considered top priority. They both involve the Valerie Plame situation.

First - I can't help but feel that somehow Joe Wilson and his wife will be indicted by Fitzgerald either for perjury or for disclosing classified information. I know this seems like too much to hope for but it just seems that there are too many inconsistencies in their story and to me it is wrong for any CIA employee (and spouse) to attempt to undermine an administration (covertly using lies about classified information), how could that be legal. I could be way off on this but wasn't this a crime or was it just morally reprehensible (the left is quite good at the ends justify means thing)?

Second - I am amazed at the MSM's arrogance! I am shocked that some want to provide them with "special rights" via a shield law. They are people, no better no worse then the rest of us! They don't have an absolute right to know anything and they don't have an absolute right to break the law or to shield those who break the law from prosecution! (You think gay rights are special rights - journalism is just a profession and we are trying to give them extra rights!)

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

There indignation is very telling, it is clear they hold themselves to be in a class by themselves, some type of extra-citizen, protected by some clause in the constitution that the rest of us aren't covered by! In reality we are all covered by the first amendment! The press isn't even given it's own amendment - they are lumped in with religion, speech, assembly and petition!

It truly is chilling how they believe themselves to be this type of extra-citizen!
DKK

No comments: