Since the first day of his presidency George W. Bush has managed to systematically take every item the Left believe in, the shakey/shifting foundation of their entire existence, and proceed to not only prove them wrong - but to prove that they are morally and intellectually bankrupt.
- Bush and the Republicans hate blacks/women/hispanics - you know the facts, Bush and the Republicans have appointed more women and minorities to high level positions then any administration in history. People are dealt with based on their qualifications and job performance. Something the left has claimed to hold as a core belief, yet all they could do is attack any minority that supports the administration. OH, and let's not forget the windfall that Social Security Personal Accounts could leave for generations of black families. A legacy forever.
- Bush and the Republicans hate Gays - oops, you know the Gannon story - gay guy but no one cared, as long as he did his work. Years ago when I reconciled my being gay with my political beliefs I realized that the conservatives I met dealt with me based on what I had done not on what group I was with. This is true of Bush. Now comes the news of his comment from 1998 or so in the tapes from the NY Times (sorry no link, I just can't bring myself to give them the link) it seems President Bush doesn't care and won't fire anyone for being gay - it doesn't matter. What matters is how you do your job! But what do we get from the left - nothing but attacks on the gay journalist - that is all the left can talk about, they are obsessed with the fact that the guy was gay, and amazingly he was allowed to cover the President.
But he may be the first president who apparently does not see individual people in racial categories or sex categories. White or black, woman or man, just as long as you're a conservative. That is also an expression of liberation from bias.
- Iraq, oops they had elections.
- Middle East, President Bush realized that the old status quo of keeping stability and ignoring the tyranny that leads to terrorism had to change. The President ignored Arafat and now things may be moving - and yes, Arafat's death caused most of these changes, but had he not been shut out I bet it wouldn't have worked out as it seems to so far. Left threw a fit!
- Korea, nope, only 6 party talks. If you cheat it will be on all 6 of us (including China), left threw an absolute fit!
- The UN, bunch of crooks so why would we consider dealing with them till they clean it up or board it up!
- European weinies - they are so high and mighty, let them solve the Iran issue and either prove they can do something constructive for the world or prove them to be worthless.
- Economy, damn another victory. He even broke even on jobs - damn that just isn't possible!
- Social Security, the left's total hatred for Bush has caused them to ignore their own statements of support for social security reform a mere 6 years ago under a Democratic President!
This is just a short list that strikes at many of the left's core beliefs! I covered some of them during the campaign as the President seemed to cut the knees out from under the left every time they came up with their new winning strategy.
Today's Democratic party is based on denial and massive cognitive Dissonance. This goes clear to their core - claiming they are reality based and progressive are the first examples. They still don't believe that their tired old worn out policies and believes weren't supported by the majority of Americans. Either the election was stolen or those who can actually believe they lost think it was because they just didn't get their message out. Is this reality? They got their message out - it was rejected by the majority of Americans.
AND THEY ARE GETTING WORSE NOT BETTER!
The left says that our foreign policy is the root of all evil, but in the next breath they want us to impose our moral beliefs upon any country that wants to trade with us by forcing those countries to adhere to our environmental and labor standards. That is what Howard Dean said during his debate with Richard Pearl last week. You remember Howard, the leader of the Democratic Party!
The result of these actions will cause moderates to identify themselves as Republicans and the Democrats to become further divided.
When history books are written about this Presidency and how he proved the left's entire belief system to be bankrupt it will be noted that, "having shown once again that he was misunderestimated by the left, his policies were again a success. In the Sixth year he caused such trauma in those on the left, who were already susceptible to illness like PEST (Post Election Selection Trauma), that he made their heads explode - literally explode. A situation now known as BURST (Bush Ultimately Right Sixth (year) Trauma) , a situation that develops when the cognitive dissonance affects every single belief a person holds causing their brains to boil and their heads to explode.
Extra: Wizbang has this great story on a NY Congressman suffering the final phases of BURST! Here and here.
Update: J from Wizbang points out
While I like the easily-pronounced "BURST," I think I prefer BDS -- Bush Derangement Syndrome. It's simpler and more elegant.
Otherwise, a fine rant. It catches the condition quite nicely.
(Jay Tea of www.wizbangblog.com)
I would agree that BURST and BDS are different stages of the same illness, but BURST will appear to be fatal (as most head exploding illnesses are). In many cases BDS isn't fatal, but for those with the BURST derivative it will be, at least for their party!
By the way, thanks to Jay for taking the time to read and comment - it means alot!