I have never been a person to pull punches. I call them as I see them and often not very diplomatic. A good friend says I should get my own, "Common Sense Court" along the lines of the judge shows on TV - only, according to him, I would be beyond brutal.
Anyway I am starting a series of posts, beginning with this one, on things that should be common sense but seem to elude many Americans.
Throughout my life I have had an unwritten list of common sense items, many of which have been forgotten over the years. As such I would like your help rebuilding my list! I will promote those I like from the comments to the front page along with a link to your blog so give me your best!
- If you want to ensure the legality of an election you must know who is voting (require an ID to vote)
- A nation must control it's boarder, that is what makes it a nation and why it is called a boarder
- Punishment for a crime should be hard, that is why it is called punishment!
- A minority party is deluding itself by claiming that the majority party is, "out of the mainstream."
- For some strange reason a pro-American bias is now considered rightwing, it's not, it's just American.
- Continued comparison of people to Hitler reduces the impact of Hitler's crimes (oh and it makes us ignore those doing the comparisons - the same applies to the terms crooks and liars!)
- Every pie thrown at a conservative should be treated as if it contained some type of chemical or acid. It isn't just a harmless prank or an expression of free speech!
- If you drink coffee while driving chances are good you will spill! Spilling coffee on your cooter (BTW, is that spelled like hooters or couter?) is going to hurt - coffee is hot, always has been always will be! If it weren't hot you would complain to the manager!