Right Of The Star

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Common Sense Trek - An Ongoing Series

Let's face it - I am often amazed how some of the people I have met in my life have survived to adulthood. With these people I can't help but wonder if they grew up without electricity in their home and lived without traffic nearby as these daily challenges clearly are more their mental abilities would seem to allow. Exposure to challenges such as these on a daily basis would have prevented them from reaching maturity - survival of the fittest and all.

I have never been a person to pull punches. I call them as I see them and often not very diplomatic. A good friend says I should get my own, "Common Sense Court" along the lines of the judge shows on TV - only, according to him, I would be beyond brutal.

Anyway I am starting a series of posts, beginning with this one, on things that should be common sense but seem to elude many Americans.

Throughout my life I have had an unwritten list of common sense items, many of which have been forgotten over the years. As such I would like your help rebuilding my list! I will promote those I like from the comments to the front page along with a link to your blog so give me your best!

Common Sense.
  1. If you want to ensure the legality of an election you must know who is voting (require an ID to vote)
  2. A nation must control it's boarder, that is what makes it a nation and why it is called a boarder
  3. Punishment for a crime should be hard, that is why it is called punishment!
  4. A minority party is deluding itself by claiming that the majority party is, "out of the mainstream."
  5. For some strange reason a pro-American bias is now considered rightwing, it's not, it's just American.
  6. Continued comparison of people to Hitler reduces the impact of Hitler's crimes (oh and it makes us ignore those doing the comparisons - the same applies to the terms crooks and liars!)
  7. Every pie thrown at a conservative should be treated as if it contained some type of chemical or acid. It isn't just a harmless prank or an expression of free speech!
  8. If you drink coffee while driving chances are good you will spill! Spilling coffee on your cooter (BTW, is that spelled like hooters or couter?) is going to hurt - coffee is hot, always has been always will be! If it weren't hot you would complain to the manager!
I will be keeping an archive here - Common Sense Archive.
DKK

No comments: