Right Of The Star

Monday, August 30, 2004

"Lie-N-Hype 9/11" Update - The Slobby Truth

From Drudge about a CNN interview tonight:

BUSH: I don't know about whether they're OK or not. The one I'm interested in is if they go forward with what John Kerry said when he came back from Vietnam, because I remember that. And I think that's fair game.

I don't know about these. If it's proved that it's untrue, then it's not right...

Look, we have been victimized by this moveon.org, this slobby Michael Moore and all of these people for months. And for months before the president started campaigning, he was attacked by all kinds of people.

So, you know, you can't have it both ways. And I don't know enough about the Swift Boat Veterans. I think Kerry served honorably, but I don't know enough about them to say they're all liars.

ON THE NEW YORK TIMES

BUSH: It's consistently liberal. It consistently opposes the president on almost everything editorial. Most of their editorial comment on the op-ed page is extraordinarily liberal.

The thing that troubles me is in my opinion their news columns are getting to show a certain bias. There is a new way you do it now -- Reporter's notebook. And then that gives you a little chance to be an advocate in the news column. Or Washington Whispers or something like that, and that relieves the reporter of objectivity, objective reporting.

And so, you know, I expect we'll get a big argument about this, but I'm absolutely certain of it. I've given up on them.

ZAHN: Has the president given up on them?

BUSH: I don't know. He might be like his mother; she won't read it anymore.


You got to hand it to this guy he hit both marks (although he went a bit week on the NYT, he is nuanced I guess!) When you see how Clinton handled his post Presidency it is nice to see some real class still exists.
DKK

No comments: